[ 93.24 MB Download
Baseball Mogul 2008 begins in any year you choose, from 1900 to 2007 with the full roster of your favorite team -- or an entirely fictional team of your own creation. As General Manager (GM), your job is to build the best lineup of players to take your team to the World Series. You can make complex player trades and sign players to multi-year contracts as you build your team, but you'll have to compete with the other General Managers, and negotiate with the player's agents.
Baseball Mogul also lets you manage the finances for your ball club. Raise revenue by setting the price of tickets and concessions, and selling the TV broadcast rights, while you manage the budget for your farm system, player scouts, medical staff, and player payroll. But be careful, because fans can be fickle if you don't win or you raise ticket prices!
If you don't succeed in your first year, you get a new chance with Baseball Mogul's in-depth amateur draft. Pick and choose from the best high school and college talent around the world. If your new players are good enough, have them join your team right away, otherwise send them to your minor league franchise for training and improvement. But Baseball Mogul doesn't stop at the front office. You have complete control over your team on the field. Set the lineup and pitching rotation for your team.
On game day, you choose your level of involvement. Retire to the luxury box and make calls to the dugout as needed. Or take control of each player, choosing what pitches to throw and when to bunt or go for an extra base.
A powerful game engine simulates each pitch of the game based on customized player ratings and over 100 years of historical data, assuring you the maximum realism possible!
Baseball Mogul 2008 Game Features
- NEW 'Baseball Mogul Encyclopedia' creates over 30,000 browsable pages of stats for your league. Historical leaders tracked in over 70 stats by team and season.
- NEW Database Engine records every stat for every player, even after retirement.
- NEW User Interface improves the visual appeal of each screen while also putting more stats at your fingertips. The new 'Front Office' section lets you know about top prospects and trade offers without interrupting your game. And the new 'Team Status' bar eliminates the extra clicks need to find key team and financial info. A scrolling 'Ticker Tape' shows updated scores, stats and headlines, even in the middle of each at-bat. All with improved support for customized player photos, logos and skins.
- UPDATED Custom Pitcher Database! Sports Mogul unveils a 30,000 line database with data for over 1,200 pitchers that you can't find anywhere else. Includes individually researched ratings for every pitch in each pitcher's arsenal, going back to 1901. From Gaylord Perry's spitball to Daisuke Matsuzaka's
- NEW 2008 Rosters! Off-season moves, free agent signings, and trades. Detailed career stats, ratings, contracts and projections as of Opening Day. Plus new hand-edited data for over 2,500 minor leaguers.
- NEW Roster Tools! Baseball Mogul 2008 includes an updated player editor for creating and tweaking your own custom rosters. Mogul makes it easy to customize your baseball universe to run a league or just to share with friends.
- NEW Player Database. Includes more than 18,000 players from 1901 to 2007. You can play as any team in any year, with a new pitch-by-pitch simulation engine that accurate models each historical era.
- NEW Financial Model automatically adjusts revenue levels and salaries to the correct level for each era, from 1901 to 2007. And new options give you complete control over your universe: disable free agency, change the inflation rate, or adjust the luxury tax.
- NEW Player Development Engine. We examines the career paths of thousands of real players to create more realistic aging and scouting algorithms. Draft day is now more unpredictable, but we've also added the ability to adjust these settings to your liking.
Program Details: 60 minutes of gameplay, free! Download Baseball Mogul 2008 now, and if you like it you can buy
the complete version for only $14.99 without an additional download!
Feedback and Reviews
Have you played this video game?
Submit your comments
hints, or tips for getting ahead.